- CAP: 13017
- Zona: Valsesia
- Altitudine: 406 metri
- Sito web: http://www.comune.quarona.vc.it/
This town has very ancient origins and is the most important textile industry centre of Valsesia. Its woollen mills are amongst the most famous in the world for production of cashmere.
In the village centre there is the well known Villa Rolandi, which hosts the town hall library already roperty of one of the richest families of Quarona. Situated along the main road which crosses the community, is the parish church of Saint Anthony: consecrated in 1667, it has only the main nave and the facade is decorated with a painting of the Saints Anthony of Padua and Christopher by Giacomo Filippo Monti. Inside the church there are frescoes from the beginning of the 20th century. Also of interest is the 17th-century painting by Pier Francesco Gianoli of Saint Vincent the Martyr and the Blessed Panacea (in the right-hand side chapel). Also dedicated to Panacea, there is a bas-relief in Carrara marble. The church also houses works from the Gaudenzian school and wooden sculptures of great value.
The Church of San Giovanni al Monte is plunged in a green area and dominates Quarona from the top of the Tucri mountain. This was founded in the IV century a.d. and its interior is nearly all covered with frescoes, the oldest of which date back to the fourteenth century. It can be reached with a mule track which starts from the market square and which can be followed until the Church of Beata Panacea al Monte (XV century). This church is said to be elected on the place of the martyrdom of the young Panacea; in its interior there are precious frescoes from the XVII century representing scenes from the life of the Saint.