Municipalities

Ghislarengo

Agricultural and small industry centre.

In the village town centre there is the parish of the Immacolate Conception (XIII century), built in its existing shape since 1689. Its façade is vertically divided into three parts by pilasters and is surmounted by a classic style frame; the transom window positioned over the main portal represents, through a mosaic, the figure of the Virigin; the smaller transom windows represent Saint Desire and Saint Felix; at the back of the façade there is the quadrangular bell tower.

Next to the Church there is the Castle, which was also used as a defensive structure. From viale Vittorio Veneto it is possible to see some remains of the ancient medieval stronghold: as a matter of fact under the heavy layers of plaster, parts of brick and river stone herringbone walls crop up.


Torna alla lista dei comuni